Wednesday 27 July 2011

Prezis, Doodle and Survey Monkey

Overall, I've found that I like prezi very much and will continue to use it in the future.  It's novel to me, as I had not heard of it before I came to City.  I enjoyed playing around with it and experimenting with the different effects you can achieve.  However, I think to really come to grips with it will take me quite a long time, as I didn't find it that intuitive.  I found the tutorials useful and I thought Ned Potter's advice to position your materials sympathetically to avoid motion sickness was particularly wise.  When I watched the first prezi I made (before reading any tutorials), the effect was dizzying and a bit horrible. I haven't included a prezi in this blog post, but will put one up once I have thought of a good topic.

I've also become fond of Doodle.  I have used doodle before as a participant, but I have never created one for an event myself.  I was very pleased with how straightforward it was and I think it is a useful tool that I will continue to use from now on.

Sock monkey photo by Rocketeer made available under the CC BY- NC-ND 2.0 licence

Survey Monkey: why is the 'Seriously Blue' theme grey?  Or have I misunderstood?  Apart from this, I liked survey monkey.  I found it fairly intuitive and straightforward to use.  Again, I haven't included a survey on this post, but will do so sometime in the future when everyone least expects it.

1 comment:

  1. Great that you've liked all the Things and will use in future! Why not post a link to your prezi or embed it in your blog? It will be fun to see how you have got on. Even simple prezis can be effective so dont worry if it isn't as bells and whistles as you would ultimately like it to be!

    Rowena 23 Things team

    ReplyDelete